...with a segment of self-analysis. It's been quite some time since my last blog entry, I'm aware. Given that the 21st anniversary of my birth is fast approaching (news of my conception was allegedly greeted with my father shaking the pregnancy test and asking my mother if she was certain), I feel it necessary to see where I am in life at present. Why in blog form?
Because I'm a self-indulgent bastard, that's why.
Come on this journey with me, if you will;
- My name is Eric Richard William Fitzgerald, I'm a 20 year old Caucasian male and I have a family of two parents and one sister.
- My fears include failure, rejection and the impending zombie apocalypse.
- I am allergic to penicillin, tetracycline and cat hair. This makes prescribing antibiotics for any illness to which I may succumb quite difficult, I've been told (not the cat hair).
- My heart is in a thousand and one different fragments, not due to any great degree of heartbreak, but rather because I can't help but emotionally invest in people. Some people hold a piece of my heart and they have no idea who they are.
- I am a fourth year Journalism with a Language student but I have no idea if I'm every going to end up as a journalist.
- I both revel and loathe in being the youngest in my family.
- The concept of the family unit is highly important to me. If, for whatever reason, my own one ever became fragmented for a negative reason, I'd be unable to cope.
- Sometimes I feel that I am hamstrung by manners and courtesy. Other times I feel that I do not exhibit these qualities enough.
- I have an addictive personality. Witness my interest in rugby, soccer, computer games, cult television and certain bands. Thankfully this has not manifested itself as regards drugs or alcohol - yet.
- I simultaneously love and hate my job. There are some days where I feel so demoralised that I want to quit on the spot. But, then again, everyone feels like that.
- I love speaking in a different language.
- There is one point in my life that I feel, had I acted differently, my life would be much transformed today - in a good way. That feeling is starting to rise again in relation to something different.
- I haven't cried properly since I was 12.
Should I feel the need for any more self-analysis, this will be the space to watch. Thanks for your time.