Having spent the vast majority of my day in the company of USI and other students' union officials at the annual Lobby of the Oireachtas, as well as passing a portion of same at the CONSOLE Snowdrop Launch, I have come to the following conclusions;
- Ned O'Keeffe isn't exactly the most progressive of politicians.
- Mattie McGrath is surprisingly considerate.
- One can, in fact, subsist on a diet of free coffee, tea and sandwiches.
- Ed Byrne is a lot shorter than he looks on TV. Top man, though.
- Not a lot of TDs or Senators know about the Australian system of student loans' failure.
- David Norris is pro fees. Didn't see that one coming (hwuh hwuh hwuh.)
- Even USI officers get tired.
- Without the moon landing, we wouldn't have Teflon.
- At one point, NASA employed one quarter of the US workforce.
- Mackey, your father's the Fianna Fáil head honcho in Boolavogue!