Wednesday, January 14, 2009

If there's one thing you can say about mankind, there's nothing kind about man

Ah, Tom Waits, you're a pet.

It's quite true, though. There's too much going on in the world that would destroy your faith in the human condition. It's better to keep those close to you even closer, and remind yourself what it is about them that makes you cling on to that last shred of hope that humans are actually decent people.

Ara, I'm showing my old age. This blog began a lot more misanthropic than I meant it to be, so I really should clarify matters.

I love the individual, because that's where you see the best of the human condition, namely the fact that each one of us are so different, yet totally similar.

Countless individuals have no doubt expressed the same sentiment with far better eloquence than I ever shall, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.

To be honest, I just wanted to use that lyric. It's fookin' massive.

No comments:

Post a Comment